
Welcome to my very first "Works For Me Wednesdays" post! I am super excited about sharing with all of you some of the easy, short-cut things that work for me. I hope you enjoy!
As many of you know, I am a stay at home. That doesn't mean that I don't work. My job is to raise our daughter to be a well-mannered, God-lovin, intelligent little girl. I am also the one who buys the groceries and attempts (notice I said "attempts") to maintain aclean semi-tidy home.
As many of you know, I am a stay at home. That doesn't mean that I don't work. My job is to raise our daughter to be a well-mannered, God-lovin, intelligent little girl. I am also the one who buys the groceries and attempts (notice I said "attempts") to maintain a
Today I am going to talk about a new process that seems to work for me when buying groceries and planning our meals. I used to make a "menu" where I wrote a meal for each day of the week etc. and rarely did we ever eat what was supposed to be made that day because honestly I like to cook based on my tastes that day and not off of a pre-made menu. While I made up the menus, I didn't like being told what we were gonna eat each night. We would waste so much food because I would pull food out of the freezer and then never cook it because I wanted something different for dinner and it would spoil. I know...I'm bad.
Anyway...I have come up with a new system and it seems like it will work. I now make a "Meal Options" list. I write out all the meal options we have on hand and each night we go to the list and decide what we want the next night. That way we all have a say in what we eat therefore causing less waste. As we prepare a meal we mark it off the list. Pretty easy and works for us!
Give it a try and let me know if it works for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me some bloggy love! I love to hear what you think!