Memorial Day Weekend 2009 leaves me needing a vacation from my vacation. I am not gonna lie to y'all...Ava gave me a run for my money behavior wise this weekend. She was in rare form and I honestly thought that I had left my sweet angelic child at home by mistake and brought with me the devil's child. (I am just being honest here...because honestly, no one has a perfect kid...so I am writing about this just for those of you looking for that "Ah, I'm not alone" moment. You're welcome!) Anyway...we did have a good time.
Ava and I left out Friday morning with Nonna and Granny (Matt's Mom and Grandmother). (The boys and Miss Meredith came up after they got off work.) We got there and got settled in and waited for the others.
Saturday we got up bright and early to blueberry pancakes. The men folk headed out on the motorcycles to Deal's Gap (better known as the Dragon's Tail). While the boys were getting their ride on us girls where shopping...we had a blast!!! Thank you Lord Jesus that the boys made it back in one piece and with NO SPEEDING TICKETS and us girls didn't spend too much money!!!
Sunday was a kind of lazy day for most of us. Matt and Granny headed back home for church so we just relaxed and waited for them to get back before we really did anything...we also didn't have a vehicle so we were kind of stuck...Once they got back we headed to the Art District and walked around. We ate an early dinner and then headed to the little "river" outside of the aquarium for Ava to play. She had a blast!
After we left downtown we headed to the Covenant College area where we saw where crazy people jump off the mountain and call it "Hang Gliding". I am serious y'all...I had some heart palpitations going on. I took my few pictures and headed back to the truck. No playing around the edge for me. Nope...I have things to live for...
Monday we headed home which is always sad but we knew we would get to see Unkie Zach. He got to come home Saturday from Fort Gordon (he is in the Reserves and is currently stationed there for AIT.)
Here are some pictures in no particular order because blogger doesn't like me today and is giving me a hard time with pictures.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving me some bloggy love! I love to hear what you think!