Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weighing On Me

I have alot weighing on me. Not my actual weight...which could use a good decreasing...but random thoughts, commitments, and life in general...


Is there such thing as a "brain diet"...you know where you can decrease the amount of thoughts and worries floating around in your brain to in turn decrease your "weight"?


There actually is such a thing. It's called prayer.


When we pray we are supposed to give everything...every care, every worry, every praise...EVERYTHING to Him. We need to tell Him our fears and praises. He is a loving God and He already knows the outcome of any situation. And you know...He won't put more on you than you can handle. Every up and down we face God knows you can handle because He knows you inside and out.


I remember once talking about Matt's Nana...I never got to meet her so I enjoy hearing stories about her...Anyway, I think I was actually talking with Sharon (my MIL) and she said that Nana was the kind to lay all her burdens at His feet, say "Amen" and pick it all back up and put it back on her shoulders and go about her daily tasks. I feel that way sometimes. Don't we all? I'm not gonna lie to y'all...it's hard for me. I am a worrier by nature...it's in my bones. I worry about things that are small and big and I worry about things that probably shouldn't be worried about...Some things I can't just let go of, and I know I need to. I am working on it though. Imagine with me, if you will...a life without having to worry...how nice does that feel?


And as for the situations, worries, etc...they aren't really anything major...just things that a natural born worrier would worry about (or a SAHM or a Wife, for that matter). But I am trusting in God and trying hard to be carefree, and trying to lay it all at His feet (and not pick it right back up!).



"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." -1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some bloggy love! I love to hear what you think!