So....it's 8:15 PM and I am just now sitting here trying to think of a WFMW post. Ah...nothing like a little procrastination.As a Stay-At-Home-Mom, one of my jobs is to try and save us as much money while grocery shopping as possible. I have played The Grocery Game (although I no longer do) and I clip coupons. We only grocery shop majorly once a month so that is generally when I buy my meat and the sides that will go with them. I will go throughout the month to buy produce and other items needed. Anyway...Here is what has worked for me while preparing to go shopping.
1.) Buy the paper every Sunday. Once you have your coupons in hand, clip the only the ones you know you will use. I don't clip coupons for things we don't buy...it wastes my time and my coupon space.
2.) Our local grocery store does Buy 1 Get 1 Free on meat. I don't put meat on my list until I see what meats are on sale. You can't beat B1G1 Chicken Breasts.
3.) I make my "Menu Options" list based off the meat on sale. I then pair my meats with side items and then throw on the toiletries/staples needed and VIOLA!!! An instant Shopping list.
4.) Once you have your list made...compare shop. Look at ads from your different local stores. I have no problem going to more than one store to save money. Look for the best deal on items from your list and buy them at the cheapest location. (Here's another little hint related to this...I am not big on Brands so we buy what's on sale...and I will put side items with my meats that are on sale...ie...sometimes our local store will do 20 for $10 canned veggies or B1G1 frozen veggies). It's all about getting the most for your money.
5.) Once I have made my list and scoped out the ads I go to my coupons. I pull out all the coupons I will need for that trip and put them in a snack size baggy and toss it in my wallet with my list. That way you won't be thumbing for coupons in line. All you have to do is open your baggy and hand the cashier all of the coupons.
6.) Sign up for your stores program. Some offers are only available to those who participate in the programs. I know our local grocery store does. CVS does the "Extra-Care Bucks" (free money) on items purchased that can be used on a future purchase with their card. Programs pay!
That's about it. Sorry for the choppy randomness. Going on vacation this past weekend has really thrown a loop in our routine.
Now...It's time for some night night lovin with Ava!
There is a surprise for you on my blog!
ReplyDelete